Minimum of four (4) years of experience at as associate director or equivalent level with a strong knowledge of health insurance products
Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, business, mathematics, statistics, public administration, health/social science or other related field preferred
445 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
The Associate Director of Product and Community Partnerships leads product management and development for CCHP’s portfolio of plans, as well as health partnerships and community engagement. They are responsible for the success of all CCHP’s Senior and Commercial products including the development of new products/plans and modifications to existing products/plans. CCHP believes that strong community partnerships are critical to this success, as such this role will be accountable for identifying and developing opportunities with local organizations within CCHP coverage areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a deep understanding of the needs and motivations of local partners (health organizations, non-profits and thought leaders) and determines opportunities for collaboration and mutually beneficial business engagement.
- Develop strategies for key programs that help engage and build relationships with community and other aligned partners.
- Provide input into the development of marketing strategies and related messaging to leverage health partner marketing opportunities.
- Work closely with the entire CCHP Marketing team, with Member Services, Clinical Management and other with other CCHP departmental personnel to operationalize health partnership activities and events.
- Align various stakeholders and cross-functional teams to marketing strategies and plans
- Partner with colleagues within Marketing and across the CCHP organization to align narratives, branding and marketing programs around the broader CCHP mission and brand.
- Lead the CCHP health insurance plan portfolio strategy development process for the Individual and Small Group markets.
- Provide input into the design of CCHP’s insurance products with significant individual discretion after soliciting input from CCHP Senior Managers.
- Oversee the management, coordination and communication product development activities with other CCHP departments, and internally within the Marketing Department.
- Oversees the successful bid and renewal cycle of CCHP’s participation with Covered California, CMS, and other regulators, as needed.
- Serves as primary strategic advisor and planner for Covered California related submissions regarding Qualify Health Plan (QHP) Individual and Group markets.
- Ensures the proactive communication of all new/revised plan designs to internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to, providers, brokerage houses and network partners.
- Collaborates with and provides strategic direction to Compliance, Legal and Regulatory Affairs teams to ensure that our plan designs comply with state and federal requirements.
- Oversees the preparation of all filings and ensure the delivery of all materials as required for annual Qualified Health Plan (QHP) filings.
- Oversees the development and filing of the regulatory documents required for annual QHP certification: auditing for accuracy, and finalizing Schedule of Benefits, Summary of Benefits and Coverage, and other plan documents, ensuring that all filing documentation is distributed and displayed for all downstream users as appropriate.
- Provides strategic advice and input for CCHP teams, including Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market teams, to ensure CCHP’s plan information is accurate and available within required time frames.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, business, mathematics, statistics, public administration, health/social science or other related field preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- Organizational leadership experience.
- Experience with development and implementation of policies, planning and business operations.
- Experience with federal and state regulatory compliance for health insurance plans.
- Experience developing product portfolio offerings across multiple lines of business.
- Experience providing oversight to ensure the successful regulatory filing of all required product materials.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and public speaking communication skills
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills and a keen eye for details
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day.
In our efforts to control the spread of COVID-19 and its variants, CCHP requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. CCHP may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.
Base Pay Scale: Starting at $113,000 – $170,000 per year
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.