10 years of healthcare executive leadership experience
445 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
Oversees and responsible for CCHP’s major day-to-day administrative and operational function including Marketing & Communications, Sales, Product/Business Development, Covered California, IT/Data Analytics/Systems Configuration, and Member Services. Works collaboratively with CEO, Board of Directors, and other leadership on issues related to strategic planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works collaboratively to implement strategic goals as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
- Keeps current with industry trends and collaborate with CEO of necessary strategic and organizational changes.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, marketing and distribution channel of health plan products and related services across multiple lines of business; identifies and provides strategic analysis of future business opportunities
- Responsible for high quality engagement and fostering productive relationships between the company and its members, customers, business partners, governmental agencies and community partners to advance the strategic goals of CCHP
- Designs and implement structure for organizational priorities
- Accountable for the effective management of the external customer facing departments of Marketing, Sales, Product/Business Development, Covered California and Member Services departments to deliver on the promise an exceptional user experience with our organization
- Accountable for the efficient management of the IT department to support ongoing operations including management of the core system, applications support, and management of internal/external data streams; responsible for the secure management of organizational data
- Develops systems and procedures necessary to support the strategic plan and drive and expand efficient operations across health plan business functions
- Serves as an active contributing partner with all members of the Management Team to support their respective departmental initiatives
- Works with the Senior Management Team to establish and implement short and long-term goals, objectives and policies and procedures.
- Works with the Senior Management Team to help articulate and build an engaged workforce to meet evolving organizational needs.
- Integrates data and the measurement of clinical quality and service standards with those of strategic planning and operations management and participate in the quality improvement committee.
- Leads the operations management team in carrying out the organization’s operating objectives in a competent and professional manner.
- Leads and mentors direct reports so that they have the tools and resources needed to partner efficiently with each other, employees and community partners.
- Monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Coordinates, arranges, and approves physical space allocations and departmental resources for daily operations.
- Reports on administrative aspects of operations to Senior Management Team and governing board.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business or Management
- Master’s Degree preferred in Health Care Administration, Business or Management (Preferred)
- 10 years healthcare executive leadership and interpersonal skills
- 10 health insurance or managed care sales and marketing experience
- 5 years health plan operations experience
- 5 years health insurance product development experience
- Program management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with physicians and other providers.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of issues and challenges that face health plans, providers, employers, staff and members
- Working knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations and requirements.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the
- Occasional local and non-local travel to company and customer
Complies with CCHP and Chinese Hospital’s Compliance Program including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.