Brief job information:
Must have prior healthcare / health insurance experience
Must be based in SF Bay Area, though remote work is possible
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Manager of Business Operations, Sales is responsible for coordinating sales operations of a health insurance company. They will be part of a core team in the sales department that will partner with the functions/businesses to help identify and drive business operations and process optimization efforts that will help CCHP scale for the future.
This is not a sales role and does not require direct sales engagement with prospective clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead health plan sales administration activities including the management of client communications, broker engagement, product materials management, coordination of marketing activities, and other operational responsibilities
- Management of sales calendar with sales representatives, brokers, and other organizational stakeholders
- Leading the execution of cross-functional CCHP projects in collaboration with other departments including marketing, IT, enrollment, and compliance
- Analysis, reporting, presentation of sales operations metrics
- Leading cross-functional partners through meetings and workshops, discussions, and co-creating working groups to determine new ways of working that will improve the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, organizational research, and the presentation of data to help inform and influence key business decisions about the growth of the global data center organization
- Drive decision-making and prioritization for the business through analyzing data, identifying trends, and producing optimized workforce strategies
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- Must have worked in healthcare and/or health insurance
- 3+ years Medicare and/or Commercial health insurance experience
- Outstanding oral, written and organizational skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excels in a team environment – Must be a ‘Proactive’ team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Intermediate with MS Excel and PowerPoint
In our efforts to control the spread of COVID-19 and its variants, CCHP requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. CCHP may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.