Experience with Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures.
Bachelors Degree or combination of education and experience
445 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
This position is responsible for supporting the Quality Improvement HEDIS Medical Record Review
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Quality Improvement Department with HEDIS Medical Record abstraction
- In collaboration with the QI team, reviews Medical Records following HEDIS guidelines
- Supports the HEDIS process with planning, scheduling, data collection, and data entry
- Prepares and submits reports and presentation for the QI department as directed or required
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by QI Director and Medical Director
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in health care administration, business or a related field and any equivalent combination of education, industry training and directly related health care work experience
- Experience with Healthcare Effectiveness of Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures
- Demonstrates analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to identify issues, recommend and implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Cantonese.
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with physicians, health care providers or external/regulatory agencies
- Flexibility, adaptability, problem solving capability, creativity, initiative, team player skills, multitasking ability, organized, and strong work ethic
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to establish and maintain productive business relationships, manage conflict and negotiate solutions
- Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize concurrent projects and activities, meet deadlines and work under time constraints
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Access
- Professional in manner and appearance, outstanding interpersonal skills, positive outlook, flexibility
- Team player, energetic, dynamic, outgoing personality, and friendly
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- California Driver’s license and ability to drive preferred
• Able to lift up to 30 pounds
• Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
• Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day.