5+ years of Marketing, Sales or Community relations experience including previous Managed Care experience, preferably in Medicare, Group, IFP and On/Off Exchange
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales is preferred
445 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and managing new sales and customer retention plans through a collaborative team approach. The effective candidate overseas the daily activities of the Sales Department and must demonstrate effective working relationships with brokers/agents, community-based organizations, providers and customers. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. The position provides timely market insight to aid in the refinement of marketing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for developing and implementing new sales and customer retention strategies to achieve account retention, new sales goals by targeted lines of businesses
- Produces timely, accurate sales management reports on new sales and customer retention for senior management
- Accountable for the overall effectiveness of sales and customer retention channel including but not limited to direct sales team, brokers/agents, community-based organizations and providers.
- Identify key competitors in the marketplace, report competitive developments & trends for organizational strategic planning
- Assists with compilation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) for employer bids to win business
- Deliver effective presentations to broad audiences to promote engagements with CCHP
- Participates with new product development and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Manages department budget
- Accepts other duties as assigned
Must possess and consistently demonstrate the following competencies
Management – Makes the best use of available time and resources. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up to work on time, and follows instructions, policies, and procedures. Meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules. Prioritizes tasks by importance and deadline. Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement. Desiring and making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
Leadership Effectiveness – Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Helps those in need of assistance, regardless of rank. Offers help when needed. Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required. Recognizes situations that warrant initiative and moves forward without hesitation. Displays a positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, customers, management, and policies. Conveys positive attitude in the process of change.
Decision Making and Judgment – Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals. Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision-making. Shows insight into the root-causes of problems. Generates a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each. Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
Teamwork – Conveying confidence in co-workers’ ability to be successful, especially with new and challenging tasks. Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. Maintains an open, approachable manner, and treats others fairly and respectfully. Preserves others’ self-confidence and dignity, and shows regard for their opinions. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
Continuous Improvement – Adapting to and working with a variety of situations, individuals, and groups. Demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology. Openness to different and new ways of doing things. Willingness to modify one’s way of doing things. Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks. Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Communication – Keeps manager informed about progress and problems. Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed and developments and plans. Allows others to speak without unnecessarily interrupting them. Gives the speaker undivided attention and appears interested in the message (e.g., maintains eye contact, nods). Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others. Asks and answers questions that enhance the clarity, quality, and reliability of information.
Work Product Quality – Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices. Displays openness to different or new ways of doing things and sees multiple perspectives. Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems. Respects and maintains confidentiality. Tells the truth and is honest in all dealings. Encourages and supports others at work. Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them in order to get the job done. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations; goes the “extra mile” to ensure the goal is met. Defining tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, while ensuring the optimal use of resources to achieve those objectives.
Customer Service – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by CCHP. Meeting and exceeding customer needs while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust. Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met. Be positive when interacting with customers. Delivers products and services when and where the customer needs them. Engages customer in identifying issues, options, and desired outcomes. Develops a clear picture of the needs and best options from the client/customers’ perspective. Remains committed to helping the client long after initial solutions have been applied. Follows up to make sure desired outcomes are realized. Acts proactively, recognizing important trends that will affect customers. Communicates those trends so clients can better prepare to meet new challenges. Develops new services and service models in line with those needs. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed. Provides excellent services to internal and external customers.
- Must have worked in healthcare and/or health insurance
- At least 3+ years Medicare and/or Commercial health insurance experience
- Outstanding oral, written and organizational skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excels in a team environment – Must be a ‘Proactive’ team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Intermediate with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Current State driver’s license
- State Accident and Health Insurance Agent License
- Current AHIP Certificate
- Bilingual in Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Korean preferred
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day.
Complies with CCHP Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.