Years of experience
3+ years Medicare and/or Commercial health insurance experience
Must have worked in healthcare and/or health insurance
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
445 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and managing new sales and customer retention plans through a collaborative team approach. The effective candidate overseas the daily activities of the Sales Department and must demonstrate effective working relationships with brokers/agents, community-based organizations, providers and customers. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. The position provides timely market insight to aid in the refinement of marketing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for developing and implementing new sales and customer retention strategies to achieve account retention, new sales goals by targeted lines of businesses
- Produces timely, accurate sales management reports on new sales and customer retention for senior management
- Accountable for the overall effectiveness of sales and customer retention channel including but not limited to direct sales team, brokers/agents, community-based organizations and providers.
- Identify key competitors in the marketplace, report competitive developments & trends for organizational strategic planning
- Assists with compilation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) for employer bids to win business
- Deliver effective presentations to broad audiences to promote engagements with CCHP
- Participates with new product development and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Manages department budget
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- Must have worked in healthcare and/or health insurance
- 3+ years Medicare and/or Commercial health insurance experience
- Outstanding oral, written and organizational skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excels in a team environment – Must be a ‘Proactive’ team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Intermediate with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day.
In our efforts to control the spread of COVID-19 and its variants, CCHP requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. CCHP may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.
- Complies with CCHP Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.