3+ years of Marketing, Sales or Community relations experience including previous Managed Care experience, preferably in Medicare, Group, IFP and On/Off Exchange
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales is preferred
445 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
The role of the Sales Representative is to focus on sales and lead generation and to develop and maintain high visibility in our communities-with our providers, brokers and employer groups with regard to the Large/Small groups, IFP, On/Off Exchange and Medicare Programs within a defined, geographic territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hit 100% monthly Sales goals 9 out of 12 month
- Market CCHP products and services
- Working primarily outside of the office on the field marketing and selling CCHP products and services
- Solely responsible for increasing membership enrollments, and improving CCHP market performance
- Generate leads and achieve sales from community events, providers, and members through education and awareness of product
- Generate sales through telemarketing, in home presentation and by conducting sales seminars
- Generate community based marketing activities. Provide on-going training and coaching
- Conduct in-service and other venues, educate contracted providers, PPG’s and their staff on product benefits and act as a liaison in the distribution of corporate information. Minimum of meeting/contacting at least 5 PCP/PPG per week
- Maintain marketing materials in provider offices (i.e. posters, flyers and other literature)
- Identify prospective enrollees and determine eligibility for participation in the Medicare, Group, IFP and On/Off Exchange products
- Understand Medicare Advantage data management and compliance. Understand and apply all policies and procedures
- Market plans on-site at enrollment centers, employee group sites, hospitals, senior facilities, community events and other sites as designated
- Understand the covered benefits, non-covered benefits, exclusions and exemptions
- Conduct and participate in telemarketing/outreach efforts as required
- Maintain retention by answering member phone calls, resolving their issues, providing excellent customer service and fully supporting them in all matters. Answer inbound calls in a timely manner in support of the department goals to minimize abandoned calls
- Process New Group submissions, member additions/terminations. Work on group renewals and maintain group business support
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
Must possess and consistently demonstrate the following competencies
Management – Makes the best use of available time and resources. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up to work on time, and follows instructions, policies, and procedures. Meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules. Prioritizes tasks by importance and deadline. Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement. Desiring and making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
Leadership Effectiveness – Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Helps those in need of assistance, regardless of rank. Offers help when needed. Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required. Recognizes situations that warrant initiative and moves forward without hesitation. Displays a positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, customers, management, and policies. Conveys positive attitude in the process of change.
Decision Making and Judgment – Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals. Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision-making. Shows insight into the root-causes of problems. Generates a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each. Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
Teamwork – Conveying confidence in co-workers’ ability to be successful, especially with new and challenging tasks. Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. Maintains an open, approachable manner, and treats others fairly and respectfully. Preserves others’ self-confidence and dignity, and shows regard for their opinions. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
Continuous Improvement – Adapting to and working with a variety of situations, individuals, and groups. Demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology. Openness to different and new ways of doing things. Willingness to modify one’s way of doing things. Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks. Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Communication – Keeps manager informed about progress and problems. Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed and developments and plans. Allows others to speak without unnecessarily interrupting them. Gives the speaker undivided attention and appears interested in the message (e.g., maintains eye contact, nods). Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others. Asks and answers questions that enhance the clarity, quality, and reliability of information.
Work Product Quality – Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices. Displays openness to different or new ways of doing things and sees multiple perspectives. Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems. Respects and maintains confidentiality. Tells the truth and is honest in all dealings. Encourages and supports others at work. Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them in order to get the job done. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations; goes the “extra mile” to ensure the goal is met. Defining tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, while ensuring the optimal use of resources to achieve those objectives.
Customer Service – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by CCHP. Meeting and exceeding customer needs while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust. Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met. Be positive when interacting with customers. Delivers products and services when and where the customer needs them. Engages customer in identifying issues, options, and desired outcomes. Develops a clear picture of the needs and best options from the client/customers’ perspective. Remains committed to helping the client long after initial solutions have been applied. Follows up to make sure desired outcomes are realized. Acts proactively, recognizing important trends that will affect customers. Communicates those trends so clients can better prepare to meet new challenges. Develops new services and service models in line with those needs. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed. Provides excellent services to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Healthcare or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Marketing, Sales or Community relations experience including previous Managed Care experience, preferably in Medicare, Group, IFP and On/Off Exchange
- Must be enthusiastic, passionate, sales and results oriented
- Must be self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent public speaking skills with the ability to speak in front of large and small groups
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Must work proactively and independently as well as be part of the team
- Success is based on the ability to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Additional duties and projects to be determined and assigned as needed
- Current State driver’s license
- State Accident and Health Insurance Agent License
- Current AHIP Certificate
- Bilingual in Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Korean preferred
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day.
Complies with CCHP Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.