Besides physical health, mental health is an important part of our overall health.
Everyone experiences stress differently. Stress is a natural part of our lives. It helps us strive and prepares us to react to dangerous situations. However, too much stress is harmful to our health. Here are some helpful ways to relieve stress:
1. Make a list of things that stress you out
2. Eat right, exercise regularly, and get enough rest
3. Manage your time wisely
4. Learn to relax – practice deep breathing, meditation, or mental imagery (visualization)
5. Take a break and do something you enjoy
6. Set aside time for yourself
7. Be realistic, set practical goals
8. Accept situations that cannot be changed
9. Laugh it off
10. Seek social support or professional help if needed
Be aware of the stressors in your life and take steps to manage your stress! It’s also okay to ask for help if you need it. Call or text 9-8-8 to talk to a professional.
Disclaimer: No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.