The Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program is a service for members with multiple health conditions and who take multiple medicines. The MTM program helps you and your doctor make sure that your medicines are working to improve your health.
A Chinese Community Health Plan (CCHP) Pharmacist is available to discuss your medications with you. CCHP also partners with OutcomesMTM™ to offer MTM services to you by specially trained OutcomesMTM Pharmacists in pharmacies throughout San Francisco and San Mateo counties.
These pharmacists do much more than dispense drugs. They are there to help you get the best results from your medication while keeping out-of-pocket costs down. By using the free services of a CCHP Pharmacist or OutcomesMTM Pharmacist, you can get the extra attention you need to keep your medications on the right track.
How to determine which members qualify?
To qualify for the Chinese Community Health Plan MTM program, you must meet the following three criteria:
- You must have 3 or more chronic diseases:
- Dyslipidemia (High Cholesterol)
- Respiratory Disease (Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD))
- Bone Disease-Arthritis (Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Chronic Heart Failure
- You must take 8 or more chronic medications
- You must have a total drug cost of over $4,696 a year on medications
* At-Risk-Beneficiaries (beneficiaries who may potentially misuse or overdose on opioids) will be enrolled into our MTM program
How does the MTM Program help you?
If you qualify for the MTM Program, you will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a pharmacist to discuss and review your medication(s) at no charge to you. The pharmacist will:
- Assess your health history including conditions, prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs and herbal supplements;
- Talk about side effects that may make it hard to take your medicine;
- Suggest the best ways to take your medicine;
- Suggest other medications that may work for you;
- Answer any questions you may have regarding your medications.
Your participation in the MTM Program includes these services:
- Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) – Estimated Time: 30 minutes
Your CCHP Pharmacist or OutcomesMTM Pharmacist will meet with you face-to-face or via phone to review all your medications. This will help identify any potential medication problems and help to organize your medication schedule. After the CMR, you will receive a Medication Action Plan (PDF) and Personal Medication List (PDF) that you can share with your doctor or caregiver.
- Prescriber Consultation – Estimated Time: 5 to 15 minutes
Your CCHP Pharmacist or OutcomesMTM Pharmacist will discuss with you and your doctor(s), face-to-face or via phone to resolve any problems found with your medications.
- Medication Adherence Checks – Estimated Time: 5 to 15 minutes
Your CCHP Pharmacist or OutcomesMTM Pharmacist will ask about how you take certain medications to ensure you take it as prescribed and work with you on any barriers preventing you from taking your medications regularly.
How will I be notified?
- Members that qualify for MTM will be contacted by CCHP through the mail. Members may also be contacted by their CCHP Pharmacist or OutcomesMTM Pharmacist face-to-face or via phone.
- Members eligible for MTM will be identified by CCHP at least four times a year through a review of their medication history.
- Eligible members are able to opt out of the MTM program as participation is voluntary. Please call 1-888-775-7888 (TTY 1-877-681-8898) from 8:00am to 8:00pm, seven days a week, if you would like to opt-out of the MTM program.
Getting started is easy. Simply call Member Services at 1-888-775-7888 (TTY 1-877-681-8898) from 8:00am to 8:00pm, seven days a week. Ask about the locations of a CCHP Pharmacist and OutcomesMTM Pharmacists in your area.
H0571_2022_272_C Last Updated 1/17/2022